Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Counting Down... Just Over 1 Week Remains

Just over one week is remaining in my Pull-ups for a Cure challenge.  I have done max rep pull-ups every day since May 1.  Sometimes I was only able to get one pull-up.  One day, after a couple of tough upper-body workouts that included kipping pull-ups and chest-to-bar pull-ups, I was not able to get a single strict pull-up.  But I tried.  And one day, I was able to get 5 consecutive.  So, it varies, but I have not missed a day.

Kitsap CrossFit has joined me in the challenge.  Some are counting total pull-ups for the day, some counting consecutive, and some counting a specific set.  Also, some are doing strict, some kipping, and some assisted.  They are all doing what they can, which is so amazing.  As of today, Kitsap CrossFit has completed nearly 1,800 pull-ups!!!!!  I have only done 45 of them! 

I am so inspired by what they are doing.  People are getting stronger and people are getting creative about where they do their pull-ups.  I imagine it will be an odd sight this weekend at the CrossFit Northwest Regional competition, to see random spectators in Kitsap CrossFit apparel, doing pull-ups in odd locations.  If you see us, say hello and join us for a pull-up or two.

Have you been doing pull-ups?  If so, how is it going?  Send pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment